- Nigeria: What Everyone Needs to Know (Oxford University Press, 2018).
- "A Look Ahead at U.S. Nigeria Policy: Will Reality Trump Rhetoric?" in Trump Meets Africa (Centre for Democracy and Development, 2017), 59-66.
- From Agitators to Legislators: The Migration of Ex-Militants into Niger Delta Politics (Stakeholder Democracy Network, 2018)
- The Intersection of China's Commercial Interests and Nigeria's Conflict Landscape (US Institute of Peace, 2018).
- Countdown to February 2019: A Look Ahead at Nigeria’s Looming Elections (Chatham House, 2018).
- A New Taxonomy For Corruption in Nigeria (Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2018).
- Camouflaged Cash: How 'Security Votes' Fuel Corruption in Nigeria (Transparency International, 2018).
- Weaponising Transparency: Nigerian Defence Procurement Reform As a Counterterrorism Strategy. (Transparency International, 2017).
- (Re)Emerging Threats to Nigeria's Petroleum Sector. (Columbia University Center for Global Energy Policy, 2016).
- Improving U.S. Anti-Corruption Policy in Nigeria. (Council on Foreign Relations, 2016).
- Nigeria's Future Hinges on Its States. (Council on Foreign Relations, 2016).
- "Nigeria is home to 500+ kinds of graft. Here’s a new way to think about them.", African Arguments, 14 August 2018. Crossposted as "Matthew Page: A new ‘periodic table’ to classify corruption", The FCPA Blog, 22 August 2018.
- "In Nigerian politics, there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies", Quartz Africa, 12 July 2018.
- "From Terrorism to Talakawa: Explaining Party Turnover in Nigeria’s 2015 Elections", Review of African Political Economy, May 2018.
- "Nigeria’s kleptocrats have a toxic love affair with London’s expensive real estate", Quartz Africa, 24 November 2017.
- "Donald Trump wants to lead a 21st century scramble for Africa—but he doesn’t know how", Quartz Africa, 21 September 2017.
- "Donald Trump could be getting his US-Africa policy right by simply not having one", Quartz Africa, 9 August 2017.
- "In the war on Boko Haram, is the U.S. turning a blind eye to Cameroon’s abuses?", Washington Post, 26 July 2017.
- "In spite of everything, Nigerians have a weird attraction to Donald Trump", Quartz Africa, 20 July 2017.
- "Five Reasons Washington Should Rethink Selling Warplanes to Nigeria", War on the Rocks, 8 November 2016.
- "Corruption Hampers Nigeria’s Efforts to Fight Climate Change", World Politics Review, 1 November 2016.
- "Donors Dither As Bureaucrats Exploit Nigeria's Humanitarian Crisis", AllAfrica.com, 17 October 2016.
- "Nigeria’s kleptocracy has been stealing public funds forever. Here’s how to stop it.", Washington Post, 22 July 2016.
- "Weak U.S. policies help Nigeria kleptocrats hide and spend their plunder", The FCPA Blog, 14 July 2016.
- "Instead of Cutting Waste, Nigeria Racks Up Debt to Replace Oil Revenues", World Politics Review, 28 March 2016.
- "Nigeria's Problems Are Compounded By Sub-National Debt", The Financial Times, 24 March 2016.
- "Nigeria's Reform of Its State Oil Company Will Be Cosmetic Without Cutting Corrupt Ties", Quartz Africa, 11 March 2016.
- "Nigeria: Buhari’s 2016 Budget Continues Use of Secretive ‘Security Votes’", African Arguments, 14 January 2016.
- "Five Things President Buhari Can Do To Get His Country Back on Track", Washington Post, 2 November 2015.
- "Podcast: What Are Some of the Most Damaging Types of Corruption?", Step Up Nigeria, 27 November 2018.
- Kleptoscope: Nigeria - A Conversation at the Hay Festival 2018.
- "The Diplomatic Thriller Comes to Nigeria", AllAfrica.com, 8 September 2017.
- "Podcast: Can Buhari Right the Ship of State?", Risk Advisory Group, 10 September 2016.